There are idiots of every religious persuasion and idiots of no religious persuasion at all. That said, Scott Esk inadvertently provided reason #345,934 why I don't think Biblical literalists make much sense.

Quote:
Scott Esk, a Republican candidate for Oklahoma's state legislature, says on his campaign website that "rights come from God — not from government." One of those rights, apparently: Being free to stone homosexuals to death.

As the The Moore Daily discovered, Esk last summer responded to another person's Facebook post about the Pope with scripture passages seemingly condoning the harsh punishment of gays. When someone asked him if he meant "we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)," Esk responded in the affirmative.

"I think we would be totally in the right to do it," he wrote. "That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I'm largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss."

Republican candidate says ok to stone gays to death

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.