Originally Posted By: mbo
yeah thats what makes it kinda interresting - the thread about the drug ring in nj and long island made me think, because those guys clearly where too trigger happy, but compared to other oc groups they are almost non violent, but the question is if they will be muzzled out by those other groups because of it.

the thing is those other groups have little to nothing to do with the mob and their rackets, there are a lot of violent gangs in ny and nj but that doesn't necessarily mean their in competition with each other. why should the italians care what the blacks, hispanics, or the chinese are doing? its not like back when the italians controlled the wholesale drug market in NY, if they were to try to do that again yeah maybe they might be in competition with some cartels and yeah the superior violence of the cartels would put the italians at a disadvantage. but today thats not really the case anymore. there was big talk about the russains overtaking the italians, then it was the albanians and thats all it was, talk. next it will be who ever else comes along.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort