2 more weeks down... Sunday will be 6 weeks, which is only halfway thru the Nicorette program. I've (mostly) switched from the 4mg to the 2mg dosage (which isn't part of the program, but I thought it'd help to quit the gum) ... It's still a bit tough after meals and while drinking -- when I was most used to enjoying a smoke or 5 -- but, I've been holding strong! Again, I don't plan to go back. But it hasn't been all that difficult (tho, I won't say I haven't wanted to smoke; of course I have!). But so far so good. smile

...tho still wondering why I haven't been hacking the shit out of my lungs yet...could it possibly be (after 30 years) that there isn't much there?? Doubt it, but I don't know. I was always able to walk 4-7 miles w/o hacking, so I don't know. Once the weather stabilizes, I'm gonna try to do that again....

I would encourage anyone still smoking to give it a shot -- try the gum! (I never tried the patch, and maybe that'd help; but, I think keeping your mouth busy is better).

One day at a time... grin

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations