I'm certainly not the best informed on this forum, but I can tell you the top three are consistent with CCC and law enforcement.

Sometime in the early to mid sixties three reporters from the Daily News published the names and pictures of top Outfit members. Here's how the list appeared:

Boss : Sam Giancana

Board of Directors : Tony Accardo, Paul Ricca, Murray Humphreys, Gus Alex, Frank Ferraro and Ross Prio

Dept. Heads : Ralph Pierce, Felix Alderisio, Fiore Buccieri, Jack Cerone, Sam Battaglia ,Frank LaPorte, Charles Nicoletto, Lester Kruse, Rocco Potenza, Charles English and Eddie Vogel.

There is also a brief description of each man's responsibility, e.g., Frank Ferraro - 52, lives in the St. Clair Hotel under the alias "Mr. Frank." He shares a 16 th floor suite with a redhead and a poodle.

Summers he sails Lake Michigan in his $40,000 yacht, the Heleda, and accepts the privileges that come to him as vice commander of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.

I believe a lot of confusion has come about because of the different titles assigned to these men. It seems that everyone who makes a chart comes up with some type "position name" for each person. Not all titles are consistent and many times do not reflect the responsibility of the individual.

More later.