Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Why are these crazies so obsessed with sex? Abortion and Gays...abortion and gays....aborttion and gays.... WHO CARES?
I'll tell you who should, women who are contemplating abortion, and gays who face discrimination.

Who cares? People with morals. People with a sense of right and wrong. In other words, not you.

Typical liberal. A woman goes to an abortionist to have the child within her killed, but if I find that objectionable, I'm the crazy one. Or two gay men can have disgusting, unnatural, sexual relations, but if I find that objectionable, I'm the crazy one.

You are so steeped in your liberal dogma BS, you have lost all common sense or decency.

Originally Posted By: olivant
Good advice DT. It might assist some Board members' understanding of the Constitution's interpretation if they would read any number of tomes about that subject. Some Board members almost rapaciously adhere to a "strict construction" constitutional position which is a dead end. There is nothing in the Constitution or its formulation that supports strict construction. The Founding Fathers included "equity" in the Constitution's Article III in order to provide the Supreme Court and inferior courts with interpretive latitude.

By the way, Amendments IX and X add nothing to the Constitution unless one ignores the Article I, Section 8 bookends: general welfare and Necessary and Proper.

Nonsense. It's that kind of thinking that has led liberal activist judges to "interpret" so far away from what the Constitution actually says that it may as well not even exist. No longer is the Constitution the guide but case precedent in what some boneheaded judge ruled. Whatever "latitude" was originally provided in the Constitution has been woefully abused by designing and corrupt politicians, judges and lawyers (many who become politicians) who only care about spinning the law to suit their own agendas.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/06/14 11:27 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.