Originally Posted By: HamptonHitMan
There are so many great subtle moments to comment on in the Trilogy that I love. A lot are already mentioned.

Here are a couple of my favorites.

In II, when young Vito is back in Italy. He and Tommisino go to Don Ciccio's to "get his blessing on their Olive Oil Business". Right after Vito whisper's "Antonio Andolini" and rips Don Ciccio's stomach open with the knife, He's walking away and it looks like he "tweaks" his cheek a little. Like a final F you!

When Sonny comes out of Lucy's apartment (I guess that's what it was) and says to one of his bodyguards who was reading a book. "Hey, save it for the liberry"

When Michael, Calo and Fabrizio are talking to Apollonia's father about a girl they seen that day. Fabrizio is describing her and Calo is sort of agreeing yet not in a non-impressed way.

Good catch on the tweak. I thought he was just wiping off the blood but, watching it again, there does seem to be an extra tweak as well.

I've always wondered whether Don Ciccio, in his final seconds, was able to put together who it was who killed him, and realize that his prediction of "when he grows he'll grow strong" was dead on accurate.

I always thought the funny thing about Calo in the scene you mention is that he is saying the exact same words as Fabrizio.

Mrs. Woltz and I have an inside joke from that - whenever we hear someone repeat what someone's else just said we whisper "Piu Greca d'Italiana" or "a bocca"

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"