I understand what both you guys are saying. I think the shotgun would be more lethal, especially close-up.

I have a Kimber Pro CDP ll and a Glock 27. I also have a Chief Special .38 S&W
and a Colt Python. The Kimber has been a disappointment. Jamming problems have occurred on a regular basis. The Wilson mag may be the answer. The Glock and S&W .38 are still in the box. The Python is the one I would go to for absolute reliability.

When looking to purchase a 1911 I called the local chief of police. He was a former student and we've stayed in touch over the years. He strongly suggested that I forget the 1911 and get a Glock. He said when the police dept was replacing their handguns, the Glock rep. took a 21 or 27 ( can't remember for sure) by the barrel and threw it down a paved area at the firing range. He then picked up the gun and fired every round with no issues. He further stated that the dept was very satisfied with Glock and had not encountered any problems on the firing range. I bought a new one (Glock 27 in box) for $400. I also got two double stack mags with the gun. I still had the itch for a 1911 so I purchased the Kimber for $1200. I've not fired the Glock, so I can't give any feedback. I thought it was a good deal so I made the purchase. We'll see.