Originally Posted By: Italianheritage
My father who was into smoking daily decades ago once told me how if you smoke socially the way a lot of young people do or some people just smoke when they drink how that's easier to quit than if you smoke daily. Is there any truth to this?

Of course. The more you smoke per day, the harder it is to quit -- when you have years/decades "invested" in it, especially.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Geoff, so proud of you! I know how hard it is!!

I used candy cigarettes in the car to pretend to be smoking....

Thank you, dear, and I'm proud of you, too! I'm just hours away from 1 month!

I don't want to "pretend" to smoke (hence the reluctance to try e-cigs at this point (that would have been my first choice, but I skipped that step)), thinking it might cause a relapse.

The gum is still working, and according to the calendar, I'm 2 weeks away from Step 2 (1 piece every 2-4 hrs). So, I think -- which they don't even mention -- is that I'll switch from 4mg to 2mg in about a week, to accustom myself to less nicotine before that.

Do I want to smoke? NO. Well, yes, but no. wink Do I have the urge to sometimes? YES. ...but I think I got this!

Thanks for all your support! smile

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations