Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Sicilians are a diverse bunch. I've met black curly haired Sicilians with almost Indian-like dark skin, blond- or ginger-haired fair skinned Sicilians, brown-haired olive skinned Sicilians,...or any mixture between this. The list could go on and on.
Calabrians I've met in general tend to have a more predisposed look: dark haired, olive skinned. But again, differences exist.

I have been told by people who are Sicilian or who have a Sicilian heritage that I look Sicilian. But I have dark hair, dark eyes, and I do not have a pale complexion and if I tan or get sun then my complexion does turn darker. I did not really know what my Italian heritage was as I was told it could be Neapolitian, or even Sicilian. I looked up my Italian heritage and it was Calabrian. But I also am told by people who are Hispanic that I look like someone from Spain or who has a Spanish heritage. I did go to certain parts of Spain as a teenager on a vacation trip, and I agree with this as people in certain cities thought I was a native.

Last edited by Italianheritage; 05/31/14 08:58 AM.