Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
no western european country is as corrupted as mexico

and as far as italy is concerned, I agree with carmela, law enforcement agencies do take their job seriously.

especially anti-mafias squads.

Well I guess the local authorities are heavily funded by the state then but from what I see or read from mw2 is that politicians,public officials and bussinessman are much more opportunistic and are lured to make money with the Mafia. What you have in Italy is industrial corruption something that doesnt happen in Mexico at least not done by the cartels. Sure there is corruption in Mexico but the corruption caused by the cartels is mainly with the local and some areas with the state police agencies like the AEI. What you have in Italy or at least southern Italy is a cultural problem with the Mafia where doing (illegal) bussiness with the mafia is the normal. It might appear that Mexico is more corrupt(probably is but its caused by politicians keeping some public money in their pocket not cartels doing bussiness with politicians) because of the occassional shootouts and police corruption but the federal authorties/army/marines and.federal government are very anti-cartel and not to mention the DEA in Mexico feeding information to the federal authorities. Lots of capos and captains of all levels have been killed or captured by the federal authorities. Not to mention they get beaten by the army or federal police to confess crimes. I think it would be more efficient to pump all those billions into the local authorities instead of having the army and marines going after them. That way the local police wont have to rely on cartel and citizen bribes to earn a decent living and curb stomp cartel activities more efficiently. Its just unfortunate that the PRI doesnt want to give power to the state.governments like the PAN did. But there ARE European countries more corrupt than Mexico including Russia and many slavic states.