Yes, you are correct I am both a Mexican citizen born in Monterrey,Nuevo Leon, Mexico but immigrated here when I was a small kid but moved back to my birth place when I was a young teenager and boy I can tell you how much Mexico has changed(which is good) since 2006 or so when Felipe Calderon won the presidency elections. Mexico was a peaceful place where under age people would go drinking across to Nuevo Laredo to have good cheap fun but since the 2003 war between Gulf and Sinaloa broke out. It was the calm before the storm. It really tainted Nuevo Laredo as a dangerous town because it brought out what the cartels were capable of. It really shook and took the town for surprise and captured national attention to the cartels. The cartels (Sinaloa and Tijuana) had some friction in the past but the war between them was low key in fashion. People got killed behind closed curtains and there very little mutilations but they didn't display the bodies to the public. What brought international attention to the cartels were the Los Zetas(back then the armed wing of the Gulf Cartel) was the shootouts and effectiveness of their techniques and tacticss vs Los Negros which was a hit squad that La Barbie used which were pretty much street thugs. Back then Los Zetas were primarily made of ex soldiers and police. So they kicked Barbie's and Chapo`s ass out of Nuevo Laredo. Modern day zetas resemble more street thugs whith half ass training but are more organized and do wield more influence on local and state authorities and local politicians. They do have some AEI on their ranks though and have heavily imflatrated the local and state.authorities. Only the army and Marines give them shit. But Nuevo Laredo and many towns close to the border feel very unsafe at times. I am falling.off track here but yes I am both Mexican and American. Mexican-Americans are more American than Mexican though culturally speaking except by town. Laredo Texas which is about 90% Hispanic and a lot of people speak.spanish ,the younger generations speak English though but they still know or understand Spanish. I speak, read and write English perfectly. If you.want.to know about the cartels I am the man to.ask.