Originally Posted By: americafyeah
It's werid seeing rappers influenced by the Hells Angels and OMC's. it's obvious they must've been watching too muh Gangland or Sons of Anarchy. Rick Ross named his last album "God Forgives I Don't" which is blatently stolen from the slogan that goes back to the late 60's, God Forgives Outlaws Don't. Jeezy has used outlaw biker terminology in his lyrics as well.

very interesting.

When hip hop was still dominated by NYC area artists...there were mafia references sprinkled in the imagery and lyrics of the artists that represented the streets.Mafia has a strong hold in this area and once Gotti emerged lcn got LOT of media attention.Rappers portraying themselves as outlaws are gonna pay homage to infamous outlaws.

Now that southern artists are at the forefront of the music, the infamous criminal figures from that region are going to be referenced in a lot of the street hip hop.
In Myrtle Beach,SC.... there's a big biker's gathering that takes place each year, and Black bike week takes place the following week.I don't think the White biker groups clash with the Black biker groups as they operate in different worlds but there's probably some cultural exchange.

When I heard the title of the Rick Ross album, I thought it was taken from an Italian Western...so thanks for schooling me on that.