Geoff,

Do you recall when I started a post about quitting smoking? That will be 7 years ago next month. I haven't had a cigaret since. I guess I did it a little differently than most. I didn't quit cold turkey but rather, limited the number of cigarets I smoked until I got down to like 2 or 3 a day. I'd wait til certain times to light up. I had a long ride home from work (couldn't smoke at work in the office, so that helped). I'd allow myself, in the beginning, 3 cigs in a.m., 2 at lunch; three cigs from work to home and 3 in the evening. Anyway, gradually I went down to a couple a day and then stopped.

Now, to this day, if I'm walking down the street (or anywhere for that matter) and I smell smoke from someone smoking in the area.....call me nuts, but it still smells good.

That being said, I am so happy I quit and feel so much better. One of the smarter decisions I've made in my life.
Btw, maybe because I was never more than a pack a day smoker, it was a little easier to cut down gradually. I don't know.
Plus, I saved a bundle...4 cartons a month at that time I think was about $40 each.

Good luck Geoff. It is not easy that's for sure. Hang in there. You CAN do it.

smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/20/14 06:41 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon