My wife quit many years ago. One day she just stopped smoking. Yet she could not stop being around me. We been married 44 years I am amazed by that.

My daughter the communist lives in Germany she smokes like a chimney. She rolls her own there.

My youngest son mid 30s has been trying to quit smoking for years. He has tried everything but he can't stop. He is in perfect shape black belt Brazilian Jujitsu teaches it in three different schools in manhattan. But the cigs is a time bomb waiting to go off.

My dear departed father smoked 3 packs a day. I always knew when he was home as a little kid because I would hear him coughing in the hallway as he came up the four flights of stairs to our apartment.

It was great I had time to leave the house before the scumbag arrived. He may have smoked less then that. He used some cigs to burn my mother when he got pissed off at her.

He died at 49 years old. But not from smoking someone hung him from our back fire escape.

My oldest son and my oldest daughter never started.

I used to like to smoke a cigar at about 5 in the morning after being out all night. It relaxed me after drinking and doing whatever else I was doing.

Now at 74 I don't smoke or drink or gamble or do dope I am a boring guy now. But I still enjoy a good meal, and a good women.

only the unloved hate