It's now been 2 weeks. The first week was easy, since I don't smoke when with my folks, and I was in FL with them the first week. Lots of Nicorette, but less than usual because I had the flu all week. Figured it was time to try again -- read online that if you quit by age 50 (I'm not there, yet), you can "regain 6 years of your life". I was like, wow, that's it?!.

I've tried this before, years ago -- lasted a few months before having a drag here and there, then finishing a cig from a friend, then, taking a couple home, etc, and then I was back. ohwell ...guess that was a long time ago now, since we were still smoking in bars before that was banned. (I'm actually glad it was)

The money wasn't the motivator. Over a year ago I got a cigarette injector so I just bought the tobacco and tubes, and made my own. A pack in 5 minutes, for like $1/pack as opposed to $7+ for a "real" pack. In over a year, I had just purchased 1 pack, cuz I miscalculated my order by a day. That's it. Saved HUNDREDS (tho, that money never really accumulates, it just disappears elsewhere, of course lol)

Anyway, reading the benefits of quitting, and how long each takes, kinda motivated me. As well as wanting to stick around to see my young niece and nephews growing up.

On the 12th night, after a few drinks, I felt the urge. I lit up, and couldn't even finish half of it -- it tasted disgusting (and hell, I smoked 2 packs/day for a long time, and loved it)! But it was gross! More motivation!

Just over 2 weeks now (besides that little slip), and I'm going thru a lot of Nicorrete -- still, better than smoking!

I don't wanna talk about it on Facebook, cuz there are those who think I quit long ago and don't wanna admit that failure. But I think this is it now. I'm done with it -- it's a nasty addiction, tastes disgusting (tho the feeling might feel great, for a moment)... been chewing about 10 pieces/day, the cost is about 50c more than my cheap cigs, so that's not an issue.

I'm actually glad I tried that 1/2 cig a couple days ago -- cuz it just reinforced to me how disgusting it was.

But then there's the gum. I don't wanna have to chew this the rest of my life, either! But it's better than smoking.

Guess I'm just looking for any support / success stories... it's very difficult doing this alone, especially after 30 years! Again, not on Facebook.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations