Originally Posted By: philipbracci
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what La Cosa Nostra's role was in the drugs trade was or still is?

Back in the day they ran the heroin in the US but eventually got busted and South American gangs took over. What role did the LCN have in the drug business after the French Connection era? Did they supply other organized crime gangs or did some just distribute to other wiseguys who sold it on down the line to neighbourhood dealers until it hit the street. And lastly I hear from Jerry Capeci that most just sell drugs--i think he means by that, that they are street corner dealer. If anyone has any info please reply thanks

Just because they got busted doesn't mean they stopped. The bosses and mafia figures always claimed it was against the rules but they're still involved in it they have different outlets they can use and different territories.

They obviously adapt with the time and keep up on trends Google: Sally "KO" Larca (Genovese) and Basicano's sons moving a ton of loud all over NYC and NYS....It's not your china white but it's highly profitable especially on a big scale. Pills also all the senior members of the crimes families pass their oxy 30 scripts,Perk 10's,Prometh/COD Syp off to someone for an extra $2-3 G's a month to pay for their big new Buick lacrosse which is still sporty looking but it's lowkey!

Last edited by MikeyO; 05/13/14 10:43 AM.