Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Maybe the biggest tourist trap in the world. But American Yuppies love to talk about visiting Venice and Milan and Tuscany like they've seen the second coming.

Now that's what I don't get

I mean sure, Venice, Florence, Rome and Naples do carry that sexy decadence North Americans and Northern Europeans love to experience…along with worth seeing art museums, monuments and such…

But Milan?

I've lived there for quite some time due to a college exchange project so I've seen all sides of that city…and I just do not get the fascination.

Milan (the touristy side) can be seen in 48 hrs top! Go check the Duomo and the nearby galleria, Castello Sforzesco, the Nineteenth Century Museum (all walking distance from one another) and you're done.
All that along pompous boutiques that sell the same overpriced stuff some spoiled brat can find everywhere but wants to buy it there just because...

If you venture just beyond the "1st ring" it feels like an Eastern European city.
Dirty as heck, polluted, beggars for miles to see, decadent 1970s and 1980s cement condominiums, graffiti, the worst sidewalks/pedestrian paths north of Naples, etc…

Milan makes more sense as a field trip destination for us OC buffs.

Name an Italian/Foreign crime group and you can bet that they have someone operating in town.

From the LCN to the Latin Kings…a messy multiethnic underworld for the cops to pretend they give a crap about.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
These people need to be tortured.

If they stayed longer…Milan could have made it happen