Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Well, I do not believe there is an old guy with a beard who lives in the sky, and even though I consider myself a Christian, and even though I go to Church almost every Sunday, I do not believe Jesus was God, or his Son, and I do not believe he rose from the dead. I do believe in His teachings, however, and I believe there is some kind of God beyond my comprehension.

I have no problem saying "I don't know," because after all Original Sin in the bible is eating from the "tree of knowledge." To me that means people who say they "know" are the true sinners.

I'm sorry but if there is a single prerequisite for considering one's self a Christian, it's believing Christ was who He said He was - the Son of God and Savior of the world. If you don't believe that, that's your business, but you can't call yourself a Christian. In fact, you may as well just join up with the crowd that says Christ was a good moral teacher but nothing else. Never mind that argument has no basis since it would make Him a liar and His claims false. One only has two choices - He was either who He said He was or He was a mad man. There's no in between.

Originally Posted By: jimmerz
Ok thanks WG, Have a few questions about the concept, seems it's considerably different from the Catholic school teachings of the 80's, And sorry WG and everybody for being such a miserable

bastard lately and pushing the envelope lately in regards to

theism. My buddy got killed at work a couple years ago and died

right next to my truck. Everything's spiraled out of control ever

since, not sure if any of you were aware of that, can't recall if I ever told anyone on here about it or not. I know I'm the one that's created this hell I've been living, so nobody to blame but myself.

In the last few years, everybody else has moved on with their

Lives, yet I dwell on it daily. His wife's remarried, etc. but I

can barely function. Feel like my guts are rotting from the inside

out too from other issues, but I'm afraid to go get checked out.

To ice the cake the

Water pump went on my truck today while I was picking up my

daughter. Tearing into a GM Ls 6.0 is not what I had planned for

The weekend, but that choice is made for me now.

Anyways, sorry again for being a dickhead. It's obviously worn

thin. Next time I start "raging against the machine" somebody tell

me to shut the fuck up before it gets out of hand again.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, jimmerz. That's horrible. Speaking for myself, it's times like that that I am thankful for my belief in the afterlife. You will see your friend again.

Thanks WG, that means a lot and I certainly appreciate it.