I can believe in SOME type of god. Religion and spirituality are not mutually exclusive, after all. However, organized religion (all of it) is little more than a tool for social control. The bible lacks so much historicity, has shown many MANY historical falsities and being that the catholic bible cherry picked which teachings to include and which to omit, and with its three major redactions I don't think there's any logical room for doubt that the bible is little more than a collection of parables and not grounded in any sort of reality.

Then of course there is the near non-existence of historical documentation of such a man. The only extra-biblical sources can be traced back to Tacitus, Pliny the younger, and Suetonius... None of whom ever mention Jesus by name. If Jesus did exist, he was a carpenter who was executed for sedition. And that's it. Nothing else.

ANYWAY, if such an omniscient, sentience such as (the christian) God existed, then God would have to be above silly human vanities like the desire to be worshipped. Further Christianity just lacks any logic when you break it down to its fundamental levels. Like, for example, apparently God was geographically biased so unless you happened to be living in the middle east at the height of the Roman Empire then too bad, you're going to hell? So I guess those dumb fucks in India just chose to be born in the wrong place? Bah. I sort of feel like this is exactly why religion HAS to indoctrinate children... Because asking me to believe in the bible is like asking me to believe the Lord of the Rings is a factual account of human history.

That said, I can believe in some type of god. Perhaps something that is more like a force of nature, perhaps not even sentient in a way we understand. I believe there is another phase of existence, of consciousness beyond death, what that is, what it will took like, i have no clue. But I don't think that god, this force of nature, has any desire to be worshiped. I think its moving, every expanding with the universe, never looking back.