Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: SaintAccardo
Originally Posted By: Extortion
Wow, what a stupid debate and thread. OP seems like hes high on coke. Use your insight...Do you actually think anyone would debate corporate greed and how it relates to the structure of the mob thats the whole point. They are prosecuted at times as well just like the mob but the mob uses violence. No need to waste time.

I don't do coke asshole and I'm not setting up a debate either. Sounds like you may need some coke to stroke that damaged ego of yours. I'm making a point that it irks me that people put down the mob all the time as scum and bad just because they're involved in illegal doings yet corporate greed and even moreso, regular businesses are ok and get no downplay on the premise that they're legal.
This thread is no dumber or more asinine than alot of the threads here. But you keep going ahead with your fucking attitude for the simple fact that I'm the new poster here. I'm sure if someone familiar posted this it wouldn't get near the negative responses it has. But maybe you're one of the board assholes then too, I have no idea. I guess I'll find out and judging by your immediate jump to being an asshole, I'll assume so.

I understand your point man, but these businesses your denouncing operate WITHIN the law. It's not like if you don't pay Captial One Bank for your monthly credit card they are going to try and carbomb you or your family. Sure they will put the pressure on you to get their money back, but in a LEGAL way.

It sounds like your saying it should be okay for the mob to operate however they please because big businesses sometimes operate with sleazy tactics.

I kinda am. The mob doesn't car bomb you either if you don't pay. When was the last time that happened to any loanshark victim? Last bombing I and everyone else knew took place was because someone killed a boss.
And this whole premise that they, the government, corporations, and businesses operate within the law is just not true for the vast majority of them. And another thing that gets me is that I've heard time and again, Chase doesn't break your legs if you can't pay. No, they just ruin your life by making it so you can't get a loan, a job, ruin your financial reputation. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have my legs broke. Yeah it hurts but they heal. Its much harder to patch your life up and that of your family when they, the banks, have absolutely decimated your life basically. And I also don't like the fact that it's so easy for many to welch on what they owe. Maybe they should get their legs broken. That would hold alot more people accountable and make them be a man about things, not crying to the authorities claiming bankruptcy babies.
I guess my biggest point is that I respect upfrontness and with the government, most all corporations, and alot of businesses, you don't get anything close to that. With the mob at least you know what you've got and what you have to deal with and honestly, I know they do much less permanent harm to our world than the other three I've just mentioned. Look at the destruction of the rainforests, rivers, wildlife all in the name of progress but really due to corporate greed and lets not forget about the exploitation of labor.
I know im not going to convince you guys otherwise and im not going to try. I just want others to take a look, a real objective look at the situation before you go off calling them all scum and no good and on and on and on. Yes, alot of them are people that you wouldn't want to be around or have your friends run into with them. Some of them are just downright embarrassing to be around. But thats not all of them and I think Accardo is one of the best examples of one of the ones who was not like this. In fact that's why he stepped aside, because he was tired of being around most of them.
I just think as a whole, I'd like to say I respect and like the mob families and how they influenced our country far, far better than I like all these so called legal entities in our country that have come to dominate.
Just look at Vegas for instance. Many that lived there during the 60' and 70's will flat out tell you the town was a much more pleasant place to live than it is now. Thats what corporations do to others.
I think alot of us have become so conditioned to think that illegal=bad, legal=good based on laws and our systems use and implementation of those laws that in a big way we have been blinded to whats really better and worse.
I'll leave this alone now because I can see why alot here would think this is a stupid topic as it really doesn't add anything. I just speak my mind and like to take the position less popular, even if its wrong to many others. Just food for thought more than anything and a call to people to not blindly label something as bad because our government says it is so.

Last edited by SaintAccardo; 05/09/14 08:15 AM.