Originally Posted By: night_timer
Originally Posted By: SaintAccardo
Originally Posted By: dontclickvirus
Originally Posted By: night_timer
[quote=F_white]A good capo but did not know how to run the family.Everything was in the eye of the public,from having weekly meeting to his big ass ego.He may be one of the worst boss ever.

and he was probably more greedy than big Pauly himself!

really? i was always under the impression but he was very "fair" and less greedy boss in general, especially compared to castellano.

Frankly, who even wanted the top "Boss of Bosses" job after Gotti fell? Too much heat.

I still believe Gotti was motivated by greed, and by simple ambition. He was also motivated by jealousy and by bitterness over Dellacroce getting snubbed in favour of Paul.

In fact, I think the Castellano hit wasn't even officially sanctioned or approved by all five families? (Was it four?)

Neil tried to tell Gotti that maybe it was time to move towards slick, sophisticated white collar crime to usher in a new era of LCN and drift away from blue collar or street thuggery because the world was changing and many of the guys in the mob at the time were getting older.

I agree with you that Gotti was motivated by greed. They all are to a certain degree. None of these guys have altogether altruistic reasons for doing what they do. What I took issue with is that your comment stated that maybe he was even more greedy than Paulie. To that I say no. Why do you state thst? At least give some reasons and examples to back up a statement like that because it just isn't a statement that's really made or accepted.