Originally Posted By: SaintAccardo
Originally Posted By: dontclickvirus
Originally Posted By: night_timer
Originally Posted By: F_white
A good capo but did not know how to run the family.Everything was in the eye of the public,from having weekly meeting to his big ass ego.He may be one of the worst boss ever.

and he was probably more greedy than big Pauly himself!

really? i was always under the impression but he was very "fair" and less greedy boss in general, especially compared to castellano.

Your impression is correct. I have no idea why the other poster stated that he was probably more greedy than Paulie other than the fact that he's just stating his misguided opinion. All of these guys are greedy when it comes down to it. Its hard not to be when you have easy money and lots of it flowing into your coffers. But if you put up comparisons as to who was most greedy, Gotti, I believe as do many others based on facts and testimony of others who knew and dealt with him, would be well below Paulie on the greed meter. That is a view that really has not been disputed throughout the years. Hell, he was always accusing others of having green eyes and one could say that the accuser is the most guilty of the accusation but again, all evidence and opinion of the mans MO leads one to the conclusion that no, he was not as if not moreso greedy than Paulie.

Frankly, who even wanted the top "Boss of Bosses" job after Gotti fell? Too much heat.

I still believe Gotti was motivated by greed, and by simple ambition. He was also motivated by jealousy and by bitterness over Dellacroce getting snubbed in favour of Paul.

In fact, I think the Castellano hit wasn't even officially sanctioned or approved by all five families? (Was it four?)

Neil tried to tell Gotti that maybe it was time to move towards slick, sophisticated white collar crime to usher in a new era of LCN and drift away from blue collar or street thuggery because the world was changing and many of the guys in the mob at the time were getting older.

Last edited by night_timer; 05/09/14 02:38 AM.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.