Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SaintAccardo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
What's happening is, he's serving the Arizona State charges concurrently with the federal charges.

Ok. He was in ADX for a time though, as thats where Karen went to visit him. When did he get transferred?

I always thought when the feds take over a state case, the feds thereby have precedence over the case and it then becomes a fed case. I understand the state charges running concurrent with the federal charges but because this crime involved interstate characteristics, it is predominantly a federal case/crime/and conviction? No?

Well, the way I understand it, it was the Arizona Department of Corrections that did the placement. So for the early years of the sentence, they were probably happy to hand him off to the Feds at Florence. One less mouth to feed.

And as far as how often and where he's been transferred over the years, they've more than likely kept that off their public databases due to the nature of his past.

But what comes around goes around. Fuck him.

I haven't been keeping up with him really but the BOP's site is almost always accurate in where a certain prisoner is located at that moment, but yes, they do keep some things secret. For example the placement of Scarpa Jr. Can you believe he's in Ft Madison, Iowa in the state joint there? The only reason I know this is because I know one of his best friends pretty good and he's let me see the actual letters that Greg has sent him, and lo and behold the return address is Ft Madison, Iowa.
I can't remember why this is, I forget, but he's also given his friend a cell phone that only Greg calls him on and the area code for the phone is 319, mine and my old roommates old area code when we were younger, living in Iowa going to the University of Iowa.