Originally Posted By: slumpy
Although I (really, really) doubt any flipped mobster is going to lack the foresight to realize that dropping out of WPP and returning to NYC is a veritable death sentence. I like to think most peoples sense of self-preservation would preclude such an obviously questionable decision, no matter how home sick they are.

PJ Pisciotta (Bonanno rat) is living in a midtown Manhattan high rise and operating several legitimate businesses in the city (2 or 3 gyms and he also owns a piece of a downtown restaurant).

Now he wasn't at the same level as Gravano, but he did hurt a lot of people and his betrayal is a lot more recent. He's living in the same city as Vinny Basciano's sons, who are young, volatile and miss their father (although three of them are heading to prison themselves). I'm just pointing it out because it's not unprecedented for a guy to come back to New York.

And Miami isn't New York, but it's a very high profile city with a lot of criminal activity. And Chris Paciello is living the high life down there at the Delano as a food and beverage "consultant."

I'm just saying, it happens. Hitting such high profile rats at this point would bring way too much heat. The smarter bosses know this. But of course this wouldn't preclude some young cowboy going off the reservation and doing it himself, thinking he'd be making points for himself. So these guys getting hit is always a possibility, but I doubt it would be sanctioned.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.