Like Sonny said, once the guy's that've been betrayed are dead or in prison for life, it's probably a lot more convenient for the those still around to simply ignore it -- Why rock the boat when you don't have to? Especially for a hit that would most certainly result in widespread media coverage? There's no surer way to ensure exposure than leaving "illustrious corpses".

At least that's what the pragmatist in me sees. The mafia isn't always logical about this kind of thing, though. There are plenty of hypotheticals I could see it happening under, but in general, it'd probably be best that they simply ignored a guy like Sammy's existence.

Maybe and up and coming guy who wants to make a name for himself, or something? Anything's possible, I guess.

Well, this is something to think about also:

Originally Posted By: dontclickvirus
gravano's betrayal is still relatively "fresh". the guys he directly impacted that ended up in the slammer may not be around any more but their friends and family certainly are. i think he'd certainly be pushing his luck if he decided to take a stroll down a street in the even gentrified parts of brooklyn.

I wonder how high on their list of priorities revenge actually is though? When the result of said revenge could very well end in you going to prison for the rest of your life. It's an interesting question in this case.

Although I (really, really) doubt any flipped mobster is going to lack the foresight to realize that dropping out of WPP and returning to NYC is a veritable death sentence. I like to think most peoples sense of self-preservation would preclude such an obviously questionable decision, no matter how home sick they are.

Last edited by slumpy; 05/07/14 12:17 AM.