Originally Posted By: Questadt
Ooh, I know! I can't believe I didn't think of this before now:

Two of my favorite little moments are from the first scene of Godfather I; the scene with the dialogue between Vito & Bonasera.

* While he's seated at his desk and talking with Bonasera, Vito is playing with a cat that's lying in his lap. That cat is a complete hoot! So sweet; so playful. I always thought that its trusting innocence was a statement of ironic contrast to the dastardly deeds being discussed at that very moment.

Very astute observation, Q. clap Did you hear the cat purring in the background?

Quote:
* After Vito agrees to avenge the beating of Bonasera's daughter, and issues orders to Clemenza via Tom, he utters a subtle little sigh of resignation as he leans against the interior of the door to his office: a slight shrug as he utters: "Eh". Such a small gesture - from which could be inferred so much. Fatigue? The constant weight of responsibility? Something else?~ Q

Also note that he rubs or scratches his moustache at the same time as he's telling Tom to "give this job to Clemenza." Could be he was pondering his decision. Also could be Brando had just grown a 'stache for the part, and it was itchy.

BTW: Have you noticed that your namesake appears in Havana, in the scene where the Cuban President is meeting with the American business bigshots. He's seated behind Roth.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.