Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I feel more sorry for the children who have to grow up without fathers than I do cold-hearted, evil cowards like Baratta.

These guys were killing civilians and women!

Who gives a crap if they end up destitute. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Pity stronger men like Kubecka and Barstow don't have that chance to make something of their lives again.

Edit: And I don't think Bowat finds his life "miserable" at all. The guy still has a seat at Rao's restaurant, has a new set of teeth (probably paid for with taxpayer's money) and spent his time in prison selling drugs rather than repenting.

yeah, I totally agree. I didnt mean that I felt any sort of way toward Baratta or anyone else. im just curious as to what life is like for guys like him when they come out of jail to a whole new world, and potentially coming out broke.

not only are the victims and victims families worthy of sympathy, but sometimes the families and children of the gangsters themselves have a rough deal too. a shit head kid i grew up with who was a childhood friend of mine had two kids at a very young age and started selling drugs and doing other dumb stuff under the flag of "i gotta feed my family". using that "i gotta feed my family" excuse to justify his laziness and greed, not realizing that his kids would value him being out of jail and in their lives , more than they would the pairs of baby Air Jordans he would buy them. he's been in and out of jail for 7 years and doesnt even see his kids anymore panic

you mentioned kubecka and barstow... that is one of the most tragic LCN victim stories ever id have to say, right up there with the "wrong" Nicholas Guido being killed on Christmas Day