Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: tt120
i have no idea. i dont think many people outside of the actual organization itself knows what was going on back then with the outfit. there is way too much conflicting stuff. the same thing can probably be said with the outfit today. its a shame for people like us who are just curious about it (but good for the outfit lol) that there hasnt been multiple rats to give us the true structure, who was under who, etc... even nick calabrese didnt give that much in regards to the outfit as a whole. seems like these outfit guys treat their crews almost like separate families

i think people give them way too much credit on these boards being this secretive streamlined superpower though. they're small, and the smaller a family is, the less stuff going on, the less stuff going on... the less busts. which all means ...less info for us ohwell

Then there are the Outfit "experts" posing under different aliases who have their own agenda of promoting certain Outfit members.

The Outfit has always been smaller in numbers, but very powerful by controlling political figures and unions. The Teamster Pension Fund was their piggy bank through Allen Dorfman.

I'd say after Carlisi was sent away, they never had another strong and aggressive boss.

This is accurate. Black Sam Carlisi (Aiuppa's protégé) & Jimmy Marcello were the last two legit Outfit street bosses. Nowadays you have a guy like Solly D who could absolutely run it like it once was, but There just isn't enough in place/enough recruits to get the thing off the ground again. We'll see what happens. Cicero is still a very active, highly dangerous crew with a good deal of members, as we saw with the Carparelli indictment. So we'll see what happens.

Any idea if DiFronzo's grandson is involved? I know he works for D&P..