Originally Posted By: olivant
Most of you are probably aware of Clive Bundy, the Nevada rancher who is fighting the Bureau of Land Management. Well, his colors are showing. This is a recent quote:

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

I read that Olivant. I wasn't that surprised I guess. mad I wonder if Herman Cain still sympathizes with Bundy. rolleyes

As far as Bundy's claim about grazing I don't think he has any claim. It's not his property that he is using without paying. It's no different imo than someone who opens a business in a federal park, refuses to leave or pay fees and then has his friends threaten police/park rangers who try to evict him.

Bundy has claimed that he doesn't recognize the federal government. I have tried and failed to imagine anyone on the right cheering armed black people who drew down on police and held press conferences telling the federal government what it better not do.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.