Originally Posted By: baldo
According to Pistone, Galante was killed because he wasn't considered a legitimate boss which was holding back the zips from dealing more heroin. In order to continue their heroin pipeline, they had to side with the boss the commission recognized (Rastelli). See page 143:

http://books.google.com/books?id=fhBwVP1...%20&f=false

This is according to Pistone, so take it as you will. Does give credence to Hairy's theory, however.

Thanks for finding and posting the link. My understanding of what Pistone is saying is that he could not testify about what he considered to be a vital part of the main reason why Galante was killed. The judge ruled that "the Galante hit was not in any way in furtherance of the heroin smuggling conspiracy, but was Mafia politics and the result of an internal Bonanno family power struggle". Pistone disagreed. He goes on to say "The Commission considered Galante an illegitimate boss who was greedy and wasn´t sharing his narcotics-conspiracy treasure." However, this doesn´t change my stance, I tend to agree with the judge for reasons explained in my posts above (and in other threads throughout this forum).

No problem Cheech, you´re welcome.

[Linked Image]