Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
^^^Well, that´s kinda my point, isn´t it? Have you read this thread from the top? Most Families were into the drug trade. If Galante had his stuff going on, why would he have felt obligated to share HIS drug profits with other bosses? In books after books and articles after articles found on the net, this reason for his killing is mentioned. But the claim is without merit. Do you see what I´m trying to say? Do you see my point?

You are saying that Galante brought in the zips. So it´s actually you that needs to show proof of what you are claiming. Not me.
This is methaphorically speaking: Two friends (person A and person B) are sitting on a coach, watching tv. Person A says "Look in the corner over there. There´s a alien from planet drk sitting and smoking weed" But there is nothing there, just air. So person B says "No, you are imagining stuff. Nobody is sitting there smoking weed." And person A is saying "Well, prove to me that there is nothing there and that it´s only my mind playing tricks on me". How is person B supposed to prove that there is only air in that corner?

It was Lefty Ruggiero who told Joe Pistone that Galante brought Zips over. Unless you know more about the Bonannos during the 1970's than an actual made member at the time, I'll take his word over yours that Galante brought Zips over into the Bonanno family.

Now why don't you prove that Galante was hindering the family from dealing drugs as you claimed?

It was actually Mirra who first pointed them out to Pistone, not Lefty. And he doesn´t say specifically that Galante was the one who was bringing them over, only that Galante used them for drug dealing and carrying out hits. Besides, everything Mirra told Pistone, or Lefty by that matter, must not automatically be considered the truth or be considered as proof. Hearing stuff on the street is sometimes called "this is how a rumor gets started". I think Pistone said in one of his books that Lefty, a footsoldier basically, was prone to talk about things that was over his head. He did this to impress people.
I´d recommend you to read Ronsisvalle´s testimony by the way. His testimony in regards to by who and why some zips were brought over, could be considered as proof, at least in a legal court, because it´s a sworn testimony.

There was certainly heroin dealing going on with the Bonannos before the Galante murder. But, and I´ve said this a couple of times, it was AFTER the hit that the heroin trade sky rocketed. It looks like Galante, at least to an extent, prevented some factions within his group from getting too heavily involved. Perhaps that´s why the zips, in the end, turned on him? And one more thing that needs to be pointed out. It may not have been the heroin trade that actually caused the Galante hit. A power struggle with Rastelli could very well have been the main reason behind the Galante murder.

[Linked Image]