Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

The heroin business that the group, I mentioned above, was involved with skyrocked AFTER the Galante killing. It looks to me that Galante had actually hindered his guys, at least to some extent, from getting into drugs. At the time of his murder, Galante was out on parole. The last few years in his life, he was basically in and out of jail for violations of his parole restrictions. He was constantly being watched by LE who followed his every move. Why was he in and out of jail? For consorting with known criminals and for not having reported to his parole officer regulary as he was supposed to when released from prison in 1974. During these kind of circumstances, do you guys really think he had the nerves of getting back into the heroin business, a crime that would put his ass behind bars for another ten years just for uttering the letter "H"? I don´t think so. If heroin was the cause of Galante´s murder, it was because he partly held his guys back.

Nope. Galante was a drug dealer his entire mafia career. Whether he was killed for not sharing is not known. What is known is that he brought the zips over to deal drugs. There was no other reason to bring them over.

Could the increase in heroin dealing in the 80's be due to them building more drug routes and distribution channels over time? It takes time to set those things up