Personally, I don't understanding the whining about gentrification. Despite the connotation all it means the area becomes wealthier, increasing the property values for local residents, lowering crime and providing a higher-tax base leading to better schools, roads and public institutions.

This whining has gotten especially bad in the bay area, where protesters apparently don't want the tech industry in the city anymore because the rents are too damn high. Which is fine, I bet every sane city in america would love that gentrification that the tech industry brings (ie wealth creation).

I mean I get the nostalgia, I tend to really miss some old ballparks for some indescribable reason (like soul) despite the new ones being generally better. But lets not mask the fact that most cities (see Detriot or Gary) would like the "problems" presented by gentrification. Its a good problem to have.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 04/13/14 06:18 AM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here