There is two factions claiming Republican Continuity I.R.A. in Ireland, rogue Limerick faction were expelled from the I.R.A. a number of years ago but still claim to be the Continuity I.R.A.
Were as the main body of the Continuity group and everyone else do not take the claims of the Limerick faction serious at all.

We will just have to wait and see how they get on with the U.C.A. now on their case not long ago the Limerick faction was doing statements to Óglaigh na hÉireann in Belfast threatened them.

Statement From General Headquarters (GHQ) C.I.R.A.‏
(Anonymously received by Saoirse Nua)

Over the past number of weeks, an organization known as Óglaigh na hÉireann has in the Belfast area, issued threats against Volunteers of the Continuity Irish Republican Army and even gone so far as to attempt to attack the family homes of these Volunteers. It has been stated by Óglaigh na hÉireann in Belfast that the motivation for these threats and attacks is Óglaigh na hÉireann’s intention to force the C.I.R.A. to end its campaign of armed resistance against British rule in Ireland. If Óglaigh na hÉireann and their political organization wish to go down the road of politics and surrender, this is their own choice; they will not force the C.I.R.A. to follow them in their abandonment of the struggle for Irish freedom. The leadership of the C.I.R.A. take a very serious view of this situation and take this opportunity to make the following point. The Leadership of the C.I.R.A. will not allow the safety of any of its Volunteers to be jeopardized by any organization. If any Volunteer of the C.I.R.A., member of their family or their homes are harmed there will be immediate and severe retaliation. If any attacks are carried out against our people, the perpetrators of these attacks can expect the same and harsher treatment in return.
The C.I.R.A. have no interest in feuding with other Irish Republican organizations, as the only one who will benefit from such feuds is the British occupier. We also make it clear that while this behaviour has only emanated from Óglaigh na hÉireann in Belfast, the C.I.R.A. is a 32 county organization and we will be holding the leadership of Óglaigh na hÉireann responsible for this behaviour. Some of the people knocking on the doors of our Volunteers in Belfast representing Óglaigh na hÉireann have in the past been victims of punishment beatings and shootings from the organization they now represent. We view it as abhorrent that individuals of such character should turn up at the homes of and try to intimidate well-respected and veteran republicans who in some cases have served long sentences in British Prisons for their commitment to the cause of Irish freedom. Many have tried in the past to force the C.I.R.A. to end its armed struggle against British occupation, such as the Provisional's did in 1986 and at various points throughout the 90's and 2000's , the Provisional's failed and so will any organization that tries today. Irish republicans have faced down over 800 years of brutal British occupation along with many years of Free State oppression, this has not defeated us and neither will the current behaviour of this group in Belfast.
The only explanation for the actions of Óglaigh na hÉireann in Belfast is that they have become heavily infiltrated by British agent’s intent on damaging the capability of Irish Republicans to carry out attacks against the British forces of occupation in Ireland. The current situation has all the hallmarks of one created by the British intelligence services. The C.I.R.A. has stepped up its campaign of resistance to British rule in the 6 occupied counties in the last number of months with various bomb and gun attacks throughout the occupied area. These attacks have included the bomb attack on the railway lines at Finaghy Halt on the outskirts of Belfast, a bomb attack on a British Territorial Army base in Belfast along with a bomb which was planted in a sports bag in Belfast city centre before Christmas which brought central Belfast to a stand still, which Óglaigh na hÉireann have spuriously claimed responsibility for. The leadership of the C.I.R.A. now state that this campaign of resistance to British rule in Ireland is set to continue and will increase in intensity in the coming months. The leadership of the C.I.R.A. also state that we are actively targeting the prison officers of the British forces of occupation who brutalise and torture Irish Republican Prisoners Of War who are being denied by these prison officers the political status they are entitled to as Prisoners Of War, in British concentration camps such as Maghaberry in occupied Ireland. The C.I.R.A. reaffirm our commitment to rid Ireland of the cancer that is British rule. The military campaign of the C.I.R.A. will continue as long as one member of the British forces of occupation remains on Irish soil. The leadership of the Continuity Irish Republican Army convey the following message to Óglaigh na hÉireann in Belfast, the safety of our Volunteers, their families and their homes is paramount to us; we will protect them by whatever means necessary.

Statements ends.

http://www.rsflimerick.com/

Republican elements in Limerick and Dublin were mixing at Sean South commemoration 2014 in Limerick.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/parades-in-limerick-call-for-return-to-republican-ways

A colour party drawn from all over the 32 counties led the RSF parade, which also saw attendance from the Irish Republican Voice Movement.

Last edited by abc123; 04/12/14 08:00 AM.