Sandy Alexander moved to NYC in 1967, shortly after returning from the Vietnam War, where he served in the Marine Corps. He joined a motorcycle club called the Aliens MC shortly after arriving in NYC. Sandy was a lot like other Vietnam Vets (as well as Vets from other wars), he felt alienated and longed for the brotherhood he had in the Marines. In the Aliens MC, he found guys like him who liked to drink, fight, get high, and chase broads. Sandy was different from his fellow club brothers in that he felt like he could be more than just your average biker.
Sandy observed how his club brothers and other bikers tended to travel all over, and they all liked to party. Most bikers he knew sold drugs or pimped out women in order to make enough money to pay for their next orgy of drugs, booze, and women. He thought why not establish a network to sell drugs regularly, not just when the club needs money? It took him a month or so, but he established a fairly lucrative drug ring. In 1968, Alexander began his indoctrination into the HA.
In 1968, Mitch Macauley and several other full patch member from Oakland came out east to try to expand the HA. In order to do this, the Angels would visit various cities back east, and then recruit and eventually patch over the most successful independent clubs. Mitch helped to establish the Rochester chapter by patching over a local club called the Hacker MC. In NYC, the Aliens MC, in particular Sandy were the main focus for the Angels. The Angels liked Sandy and decided to let him Strike for the club (the Angels call it striking while other clubs call it prospecting). Sandy’s striking period lasted a year and in 1969 the NYC chapter was formed. Some of Sandy’s brothers from the Aliens patched over while other did not make the cut.
After Sandy got his patch, he began to aggressively recruit and expand his drug ring. He began importing meth, PCP, marijuana, and LSD from his club brothers in California. He got his cocaine from some Colombians in Queens, who were connected with the Cali Cartel, and he got his heroin from I believe it was Philly Lucky of the Bonannos. His drug ring got so big that he began supplying every HA chapter on the Eastern Seaboard. It got to appoint where Angels in the East Coast saw Alexander as their true leader, not Sonny Barger. It was in the late 1970s-early 1980s that Sandy decided to expand the HA north of the border. Many of the details about the Angels in Canada have been discussed so I will spare the details of this.
Alexander and the NYC chapters had several cocaine customers north of the border who told them how lucrative the business was up there. At that point a kilo of cocaine (this may not be exactly right FYI) in the US sold for around $55,000. In Canada it went for around $80,000. The Angels decided the market was too lucrative to pass up so they sent their members up to Canada and the rest is history. Sandy went to prison around 1986, but not before he ordered the massacre of the Laval chapter, as they were using more product than they were selling. I believe if Sandy had not gone to prison and was on the street when Mom Boucher was carrying on up north, Mom would have curbed the violence if Sandy asked him too. Sandy was one of Mom’s role models, he wanted to be Sandy. Also the guys that went up north to talk to Mom were West Coast Angels, that he ma have met twice in his life. He knew the East Coast guys not the west coast guys. I never understood why the Angels sent guys that Mom did not even know. these guys are not exactly brain surgeons lol.
I will write more stories about Sandy and I also have the story about why Fat Vinny tossed that girl off the club house. There is very little about Sandy and the NYC chapter that is not common knowledge. I hope that I can add to this.

You say share my life, and I think share my tequila. And then I think.... no.-Principal Lewis