Coming from cow country (and as a former ranch-hand) I can say there is no OC involvement in rustling.

There is rustling, but it's you're usual meth-addicts or drunks with IQs in the double-digets who do it. It's actually remarkably easy here since there are millions and millions of acres of open range grazing in some of most remote spots in North America.

All you have to do is drive up a cattle trailer, round-up the cattle and hope nobody comes down the road. Since some remote herds don't get moved or checked on for a couple of days there's a good window to get away. Finding a buyer willing to overlook a questionable brand is another story.

Uusally people are caught pretty fast since we're talking about very rural areas and it's not hard to round-up the usual suspects and match tire-tracks left in the desert with thier vehicles. Like in the old western movies, touching another person's livestock is still looked upon as a pretty low violation of common decency and usually nieghbors will go to great lenghs to find out what who did it since thier livelihoods are threatened also.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi