Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Have to attend a funeral tomorrow. One of my best friends from back in the day, his father passed away so it is time to dust the black suit off again. He was a gregarious popular character so it will be well attended no doubt. I am invited to the family do afterwards but it can only be for a couple of drinks as I am on nights this week!!

Yogi, sorry about your friends father's passing. frown It's so nice that you attend and believe me it means a lot to your friend.

When my father passed away, in 2010, I was reading the on-line condolences. Lo & behold I find a childhood friend of mine from Elm St., (Georgie Ranazzi)had commented. He was out of state now but somehow saw/heard about my dad's passing and wrote very nice words about my dad and my family. I was so touched I e-mailed him to thank him.

For my mom's funeral (2012) another neighbor and her sister, also kids I played with on Elm St., came to the funeral home. My God, I hadn't seen them since the early 60s. Again, I was so touched that they took the time to see us.

Tho you can't always do anything to ease the pain, just being there can mean a lot to the family in mourning.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon