Shrimp Boy's arrest has some more light shed on it:

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/1...caught-fbis-net

"All the criminal past I had, I cannot deny that," he said at a press conference in front of City Hall in 2009. "But today I do not represent crime. I do not represent violence and gangs."

That new persona crumbled in recent days when he was arrested in a sweeping federal corruption investigation - one in which State Senator Leland Yee, a San Francisco Democrat, was charged with conspiring to deal firearms for campaign contributions. Two dozen associates were also arrested.

State Senator Leland Yee, second left, has been charged with conspiring to deal firearms for campaign contributions. Photo: AP

According to the 137-page affidavit made public last week in support of the criminal complaint, Chow, 54, vacillated between claims to undercover agents: that he had truly given up crime, and that he was a crime boss who didn't get his hands dirty since his last prison stint. He allegedly told them that when a member of his organisation kills another, he decided if the killing was justified.

The affidavit alleges that he made introductions and took payments for allowing various acts of money laundering and smuggling to occur.

He was arrested at his girlfriend's house in San Francisco, and faces charges of money laundering, conspiracy to transport stolen property across state lines and conspiracy to traffic in contraband cigarettes. A conviction could bring a maximum prison sentence of 115 years.