Originally Posted By: faffy444
Arm

of the buffalo guys that you knew, how were they to deal with ? reasonable, or not.

I was with the Falange crew, and to be honest I was young and I knew most of these guys since I could walk, and since my dad and two Uncles were made I was always treated well and it was easy for me to deal with them
Looking at it objectively,I can honestly say if anything Buffalo guys and the family in general had almost too much integrity and were too reasonable for their own good. Everyone always goty paid, money was always cut and no one on the inside was made a victim
Contrary to what anyone says, when Pops was whacked, we were ready willing and able to retaliate, but at the end of the day, it just didn't make sense to go to war over it.
Other families would have crushed Rochester the second they talked about breaking away,instead, they let them self destruct.
As a young hot headed kid, I WANTED to take the war to the Colombos back yard. My thoughts after they whacked Marrone were hit a few people in Brooklyn and watch them call the troops home. Cooler heads prevailed and again, we just held our ground and eventually they beat themselves. A lot of my old friends are dead or incarcerated, and they were, as Mobsters go, great people to deal with.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.