Originally Posted By: tt120
if the main rochester guys were technically made Buffalo guys, were they all made by Magaddino? was there a buffalo capo or two who the rochester guys reported to? or was the top guy in Rochester technically a Buffalo capo, who was direct with the Buffalo boss?

for example, Valenti was the Rochester family's (disputed) boss. but really, he was just a capo for the Buffalo family? and even though he had his underboss, consigliere, and capos in Rochester, technically these guys were just Buffalo soldiers in his crew?

if true, this seems similar to how the north jersey faction of the Luccheses operated.

but I was also under the impression that Valenti broke off from Buffalo, with no problems, and rochester was allowed to do its own thing (own making ceremonies, administration / structure, etc)

where did you hear that Russotti was from Henrietta ? just curious because a lot of those older guys grew up together and moved out to the suburbs later on. kinda strange if he was from the suburbs originally.

Nearly the entire crew of breakaway Rochester guys were all either made into Buffalo or were Buffalo associates. Yes many of them had Pittsburgh and Buffalino contacts and connections, but they were by all rules and recognized as Buffalo. Rochester was never recognized either by Buffalo or the commission as a separate family. They COULD have been had they gone to Buffalo with a business plan instead of an ultimatum, and Pittsburgh, NE Pennsylvania and the Colombos had kept their paws out of it, and a lot of death, misery, prison terms and ruined lives could have been avoided(I could go on for days)
It was the generation before these guys who moved from the city to places like Greece, Brighten and Henrietta, those burbs have had large Italian American populations since the late 50s

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.