Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Why the hostility towards Black people?

The Irish have a lot in common with the Blacks. They were called white n*ggers by the English. Up until the 60's, there were signs advertising work baring the message "no blacks, no dogs, no Irish".

The Italians too were looked down upon as a lower class of people.

Us Irish, Italians and Blacks have got to stick together. We have a shared history of persecution from a shared enemy.

What year are you living in exactly? Most of the Irish need not apply stuff is myth and proven so many times. It appeared twice advertising in a century. They were victimized by the British, and experienced the hardships of immigrating in the 1800s, but this comparative victimization stuff is just garbage. Up the 60s is just complete insane. By the 60s, the irish controlled much of intercity politics and nearly every police department in the big cities.

Rather than whining about their condition, both irish and italian became successful groups that preform as well as any other a long, long time ago. Trying to make them into grievance groups now is pretty out of touch.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here