Top 9 - "I'm With The Band"

Briefly mentored by Fall Out Boy, the Idols sing a medley of band hits, including FOB's "Fire" as Ricky and the band play on stage.

No one was particularly bad this week, IMHO.

Code:
A   Caleb    "Dazed and Confused"
B+  Alex     "Don't Speak"
B+  Jena     "Bring Me To Life"
B   Jess     "Rhiannon"
B   Dexter   "Boondocks"
B   Sam      "Hey There, Delilah"
B   Malaya   "The Long & Winding Road"
B-  CJ       "If It Hadn't Beef for Love"
B-  Majesty  "Shake It Out"

Alex was great, I thought. Perfect pitch as always. Altho Keith thinks he needs more edge, and Harry wants him to move more.

Majesty sounded way off during the choruses, and was winded at the end. J-Lo thought her vox were all over the place, but performance was a perfect 10.

Dexter was typical, but one of his better ones. Judges want to see something else from him.

Malaya was okay, different. I still hear Archie singing this, and no one comes close. Harry thought it was a nice job, but she needs to work on her craft, not stardom.

Sam was his pleasant self, nothing wrong with it. Judges think he needs to connect emotionally more ("sing to your Delilah").

Jess was technically okay, but a little boring to me. Judges want her to draw them in more, but she's more confident.

CJ was off in spots, but had some nice grit. Keith noted that there's a difference between feeling, and simply sounding like it.

Caleb sings Zeppelin -- I knew that it'd be perfect! J-Lo thought he brought sexiness to it. Keith quipped "the band is with the singer"

Jena has an odd voice, but it was powerful. Harry said, "You followed it [Caleb]!" and J-Lo said "Fuck this" to the other judges (lol)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations