Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Stories like that prove that these claims that go like "the working class families are all gone, the Russians took over, blablablablabla" are all rubbish. The flashy widely known mobs of the 60s are long gone, but local crime families are far from gone.

As for the Irish background, like I said it's only logical that most working class families have at least some Irish background. 10% of the entire British population has at least 25% Irish ancestry and since a lot of Irish workers setted in the former industrial areas of London a lot of families in those areas will have Irish blood. I know a guy whose father is from Bermondsey. The man said he is English and Welsh on his father's side and Irish on his mother's side, "like everyone else around those parts" he added lol

The East End nowadays is mostly foreign born (Bangladeshis, Jamaicans, Russians, Nigerians,...). Canning Town remains a white working class area however. The area is notorious for being a hotbed for local crime families. Don't know if they're Irish, the crime families from Canning Town have mostly Anglo-Saxon surnames. I wouldn't be surprised however if they also have some Irish descent somewhere down the line. Nevertheless these are people not to be messed with, to put it mildly lol

You are missing the point, these families have full Irish blood. As for Canning Town no-one gives a fuck about a shithole on the outskirts of East London it has been overtaken by black gangs from what I've heard anyway. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9558439/...day-ruined.html

I was in London for St. Paddy's you haven't a clue Killing Joke believe me when I mean Irish I mean Irish as in coming from full Irish blood. The Adams family are full Irish as are the Reilly's and there are plenty of crime families who are full Irish I was born in Ireland but my father moved to London and the area they grew up in is Irish I moved to the US when I was 14 you're from Belgium for fucks sake the only thing you know about London is what you've read in a book.

Bermondsey has never been an Irish stronghold get the fuck out of here you're "aving a laugh me son".

Didn't mean to start an argument. I've always been interested in the British and Irish underworld, so I just thought I would share some things I read and heard about it (despite not being from the UK). Bermondsey was never an Irish stronghold, but a lot of people around those parts probably have some degree of Irish descent. You seem to know a lot more about the London underworld, having family members over there. So for me it's interesting to hear what you have to say about what happens over there. I don't come to these boards to start an argument and I apologize if I gave the impression I questioned the things you stated about London, because I didn't.

My main point of interest are the claims of people that say things like "Russians, Albanians,...took over" because from my point of view it seems that reports about families like the Adams and the Brindles prove that local crime families are still going strong.

My family used to run an iconic club in Cricklewood called 'The Galty More' which was next to Ashtons. The Crown is still there yes the area has changed and more multi-cultural now but in areas like Willesden, Crikclewood and Kilburn the irish presence will always be there. Some of my family moved to the UK, my Uncle to New York. I decided to move in with my Uncle in New York when I was 14 but I still have plenty of family in London and know who the top families are over there and I had a blast visiting France, Ireland and London though am looking forward to going back.

My family were all boxers and had to be to look after this place. I had to laugh reading this description this is exactly what it was like. I started work there when I was 11.

http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/londons-worst-clubs.282174/page-2

"The Galtymore is/was in Cricklewood. It was still there the last time I drove past (a couple of years ago). I've played at quite a few parties in a run-down flat across the road from there (I nearly fell through the ceiling once)... used to look out of the window and watch people flying out of there with arms and fists waving like moshers in a hardcore mosh pit... lol :D"

http://www.galteemore.com/galteemorecricklewood.html

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/23/14 10:59 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin