Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted By: British
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
The most well known South London firms were/are the Arif, Brindle and the Daley family. The Arifs are Turkish Cypriots, the Brindles and the Daleys are both part-Irish (Brindles on their mother's side, Daleys on their father's side). Most, if not all, white working class families in East and South London will have some Irish blood, but few are fully Irish. The Adams of North London are an exception (Islington has long been a settlement for more recent Irish immigrants), but families in the east and south will commonly have one Irish parent or at least an Irish grandparent.
It's true, a lot of the London-based crime firms are in business with the Real IRA. Even the Canning Town families such as the Hunts, who as far as I know are not of Irish descent, frequently did business with some criminal minded cells in the IRA concerning the drug and weapon trade.

They also worked with loyalist organisations, it was just business for them.

People involved in that life in London don't care about the background of those they do business with.

As London is so ethnically diverse the real cockneys all moved out to Essex and Kent...

There still are some white working class strongholds: Canning Town in the East End, Bermondsey in the Southeast, several pockets in South London,...but generally speaking a lot of Bangladeshis and Jamaicans moved into tradinitional areas such as Bethnal Green, Hackney, etc... Very little if any whites remain in these areas.
Nevertheless, Bangladeshi neighborhoods are hotbeds of small time petty crime. The more organized but grittiest criminal activities mostly take place in the white working class and the Turkish/Kurdish communities. In the South the black gangs (Jamaican, Nigerian and Somali) have some higher level players among the older members as well, younger members are mostly active in petty theft and small time drug dealing. Russians, Albanians, Chinese and Tamils all operate in West London, but they don't necessarily "control" any turf there except maybe for the Tamils.

The Adams family are still the biggest crime family from London if you are talking about organized crime. Even the Russians have to pay them a tribute trust me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-14-people.html

As for my family's old neighborhood Cricklewood and Kilburn there is one crime family that controls that area and they are connected to the Adams family and Irish.

In South London there was a war between two families one was called the Daley's the other the Brindle's. The Brindle's supply the street gangs and are probably about evens with the Daley's in South London. The police were criticised for allowing a hitman from Dublin to get a shot off at a Brindle during the height of the war.

Both families had links to Ireland and are still running the show at the top of the food chain in South London.

'During the Ulster ceasefire, paramilitary gunmen began to be used by gangsters in Britain to carry out contract hits. The Brindles and the Dalys had links with Ireland. The Dalys had worked with drugs baron George Mitchell in the South'.

So basically the Irish run the north, the north west and the south at the top of the food chain as exemplified by this article:- http://www.standard.co.uk/news/notorious-gangster-jailed-over-drug-dealing-network-6731952.html

There's another family that I won't even name who run Kilburn the street gangs need a supply chain and when it comes to London the Irish run the north, north-west and the South. In the East end I don't really care but the crime familes considered the most organized and powerful by the "old Bill" as "me old muckers" might say are all Irish.

Perhaps the Arifs and the Turks from Tottenham may also fall under this category but again they work with the Adams family.

The Reilley's from Islington are not to be underestimated either 'Crime boss John Reilly, 65, was sentenced to 19 years after police found firearms - including an Uzi sub-machine gun - in a cupboard in the property in Holloway, north London'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz2wn52LCnb

And the Bradish brothers were another crew who were ruthless and used to rob black drug dealers in Stonebridge.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/rob...rm-9133842.html

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin