Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Yes. Gotti took a beating. So what. He was an old(ish) man at the time.

No matter how tough you are, there is always someone tougher out there.

I don't get in fights but the one time I took a beating, I was being scratched by a chick and while I was gentlemanly not putting my hands on her, the guy she was with opportunely sucker punched me in the face.

So lesson 1 is don't let women assault you and lesson 2, if someone is squaring up to you and talking crap, don't take too long to analyse the situation like I did. Just incapacitate them straight away.

Can't be diplomatic. There is no honour in fighting anymore. Like there was in the old days (probably).

No shame in that but the praise he got for whacking McBratney was overblown. What a lovely man he was you think Gotti could have taken him on his own?

No chance. It took four of them to drag him across one side of the bar to the other I maintain McBratney would have wiped Gotti's clock if they were standing toe to toe.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin