Originally Posted By: spmob
People don't realize how small south philly is and how much people talk and how everyone knows each other. And mafia is a subject that does come up. and I am not saying a made guy telling someone directly. But people know peoples busines here and some of the young guys do brag these days so info leaks wheter a rumor or true. But we shouldn't be put down when we post something like that. And everyone has a bookie...so you will know if they are connected or not. Acccording to Ivey...all bookies in Philly are some what connected. That was another one of our convos. I know this is an Outfit thread...so I am done now. But had to get off my chest especially after Johnnys great post

Two things by way of response. Just to keep the record straight.

First, what I took exception to was you saying you and others in South Philly knew Merlino was the boss only after that news was released by law enforcement. As far as I'm aware, you never made any peep of that prior to that info coming out. But after it did, you were like, "Yeah, we knew that all along." Of course, in all honestly, even if you had mentioned it before, I would have likely just given you credit for guessing right.

Second, I've said that most bookmaking operations in the Northeast - especially the big ones - are mob-connected in some way. At least judging by the cases.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.