Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Ivy

Thread topic isn't about which major party has more historical ties to American lcn, but about which party IS more mafia friendly today.

I'm no mafia expert but I am a student of history and we both know some of the reasons why your point about Dem.s having more ties to lcn may be true. We can discuss those factors separately.

Nature of what organized crime does and how they generate money has surely evolved though.Because of competition from other ethnic mobs, the lcn has expanded into all types of crimes..."white collar" crimes, cyber crimes,etc.I never knew about the "gas tax" mafia scheme before coming to this site...but that is one example of how the mob has expanded its scope....since lcn was established here decades ago.

In modern climate....policy of unregulated industry is more friendly to the thinking criminal.....mafia or otherwise.

We and others here could argue over theory all day long. But I think the original question was in more real life, practical terms. And there shouldn't be any question about that.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.