Alzheimers is such an awful awful disease. I feel so badly for anyone who has it and their families. Tho not officially diagnosed, my mom was exhibiting many signs of it up until her death in 2012, at 87 yrs old. She wasn't even at a point where she didn't know anybody BUT I could give examples of little things she said/did/didn't know that would make me cry. cry

However, my cousin had the worse case I have ever seen. She was to the point where she couldn't even speak. At my mom's funeral she came up to me mumbling/making noises. It seemed she was trying to tell me something but she was saying nothing. I remember her as such a sweet lady and to see her end up like that broke my heart. frown God bless her daughter for taking her everywhere because I don't think I could at that point, do it. She would go to the home/facility she was at and pick her up for certain things. She passed away a couple months ago and I am comforted that she is finally at peace.

Then again, with this disease, it's probably way harder on the family/caregivers because the victim is so unaware of the condition.

Gosh, I really got off track. Sorry!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon