Originally Posted By: spmob
People don't realize how small south philly is and how much people talk and how everyone knows each other. And mafia is a subject that does come up. and I am not saying a made guy telling someone directly. But people know peoples busines here and some of the young guys do brag these days so info leaks wheter a rumor or true. But we shouldn't be put down when we post something like that. And everyone has a bookie...so you will know if they are connected or not. Acccording to Ivey...all bookies in Philly are some what connected. That was another one of our convos. I know this is an Outfit thread...so I am done now. But had to get off my chest especially after Johnnys great post

i would say that might have been a little more true during scarfo through natale/merlino years when the street tax was in effect and a lot of bookies were kicking up, but from what i understand those days are pretty much done.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort