Originally Posted By: botz
Why would the Mexicans hate the Italians? Joey Merlino chilled with the Mexicans in jail. Mexicans hate black street gangs.

The west coast is a part of the country I'm not too familiar just saying that LCN have a much stronger presense on the east coast and therefore far more respect in the can.

Irish and Italians tend to stick together at least the ones that are associated and connected and the same goes for any connected Jews. At least that's the way it was at one time for the guys on the west side today things may have changed.

In my opinion yes the Italians do still get a certain respect no fool would touch a made guy without caution they are most likely tired of the fanboys yeah LCN still carry a certain weight though how much that is I will leave to others to decide I done my last bid in the can in 2006. I have lived an honest life since and I'm not joking. I have a kid and a family to raise.

But all I'm saying is I don't think that respect is as strong on the west coast. And we all know some redneck nutbag who stuck up a gas station for 50$ with a pepper box revolver could easily rise to the top of the food chain in the joint. You are basically on your own though there are plenty that pay protection of course.

I think Joey was sent to Indiana and sure he was probably well respected but then without the cabbage do you seriously think he could have got by on reputation alone? I respect Merlino, he's a tough guy with balls, not saying he would have been a pushover for anybody but then the boodle barks louder than a poodle and Merlino had the boodle in spades.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/13/14 10:32 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin